Friday, February 23, 2007

How is Freedom Truly Defined?


Freedom is defined to me in many ways but I will limit them to the things that I am facing right now and roll with that. Freedom is being in control of myself, my indiviuality, my life. It is loving and accepting me and the choices that I make and saying to hell with all of the rest. Freedom is coming home from a long day of work and not have to look in the face of one who has lost his spark for me or for life anymore. It is loving the fact that I am who I want to be and I no longer have to make up any excuses for not being who someone else wants me to be. Freedom is having the knowledge, strength, and ability to know what I want and how to get it. Freedom is learning and growing from past experiences and moving forward with a thirst for life and with a vengeance. Freedom is having the ability to fully control my professional life and the course that it is taking! Freedom is also not caring anymore about what the rest of the world thinks of my natural beauty. It is loving the kinkiness of my hair and embracing it with pride and self acceptance! Freedom are my sisterlocks. My sisterlocks are 1 month and 10 days old today and Im loving them!! What is freedom to you? -Peace and Blessings to you.

No comments: